Taggart Morton attorneys are often involved in appellate proceedings in federal and state courts; the firm handles appeals for its current clients and accepts referrals in a wide variety of appellate matters. Preparation of appellate briefs and participating in oral arguments form the cornerstone of the firm’s appellate work, but Taggart Morton attorneys participate in the entire range of appellate practice, including advising clients on the prospects of an appeal, participating in mock arguments, reviewing and editing briefs prepared outside the firm, and providing independent judgment throughout appellate proceedings on matters handled by other firms or in-house.
Appellate Practice Areas
• Advising clients about the prospects of success on appeal
• Ensuring preservation at the trial court level of all potential appellate issues
• Drafting briefs and arguing appeals, both for the firm’s existing clients and for referred attorneys and clients
• Editing and commenting on appellate briefs written by other counsel
• Drafting and opposing writ petitions and applications to the Louisiana and the United States Supreme Courts
• Drafting and filing briefs of amici curiae
• Commenting on appellate briefs written by other law firms or in-house counsel
View All News »
June 26, 2018
Barry H. Grodsky Installed as 78th President of the Louisiana State Bar Association
Barry H. Grodsky, a partner in the New Orleans law firm of Taggart Morton, L.L.C., was installed June 7 during the LSBA’s Annual Meeting in Destin, Fla. Administering his oath of office was Louisiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Bernette Joshua Johnson.
Grodsky has set several goals for his year as ... » Read More