Taggart Morton's attorneys have handled a wide range of bankruptcy matters, assisting debtors and creditors in all types of financial matters in and out of court. Our attorneys have represented individual and corporate debtors in Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 bankruptcies. Corporate debtors have including trucking companies, car dealerships, grocery stories, manufacturing companies, contractors, department stores, hotel chains, warehouse distributors, shrimp boats, asbestos bankruptcy, resort properties, restaurants and insurance agencies.
Our attorneys have also handled a wide variety of creditor matters representing individuals, corporations, banks, creditors committees and trustees in a wide variety of matters. Our attorneys have represented creditors in the following industries: Banking, Oil and Gas, Consumer matters, Small Business, Insurance, Farming, Trucking, Real Estate, Telecommunications, Retail, Agriculture, Construction and Non-profits.
We have gained considerable experience and have handled predominately the following matters:
- Loan Restructuring/Forbearance and Workouts
- All types of bankruptcy filings on behalf of debtors, including emergency filings to stop
- Repossessions, foreclosures, tax liens, levies and garnishments
- Asbestos Bankruptcy
- Debtor in Possession Financing
- Prosecution and Defense of Preference Actions
- Prosecution and Defense of Fraudulent Conveyance Actions/Revocatory Actions
- Executory Contract Issues
- Plan and Disclosure Statement preparation/objections
- Environmental matters
Barry H. Grodsky
Bankruptcy Practice Chair
Barry H. Grodsky Installed as 78th President of the Louisiana State Bar Association Barry H. Grodsky, a partner in the New Orleans law firm of Taggart Morton, L.L.C., was installed June 7 during the LSBA’s Annual Meeting in Destin, Fla. Administering his oath of office was Louisiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Bernette Joshua Johnson. Grodsky has set several goals for his year as ... » Read More